Loki Hostel Mancora Review
Av. Piura 262, Mancora. www.lokihostel.com
- Loki Hostel Mancora is located on the main street and access from its pool area directly onto Mancora’s beach and surf.
- There is plenty of restaurants to eat on the main street, take a right out of Loki for a few good ones!
- Walking to Vichayito Beach is 1.5 – 2 hours south along the beach
- Walking to Los Organos is 2.5 – 3 hours south along the beach
- The bus station is only a 10 minute walk or less, S/.2 should get you a tuk-tuk ride.
- 4 Bed Dorm – S/.36 (US$12.50)
- 6 Bed Dorm – S/.30 (US$10.50)
- 8 Bed Dorm – S/.23 (US$8.00)
- 6 Bed Girls Dorm – S/.30 (US$10.50)
- Twin/Double Room – S/.90 (US$31.50)
*All rooms have en-suite bathrooms.
**Prices as of September 2014 and conversion through www.xe.com
- The rooms are basic but they are cleaned daily and the communal areas are spotless. The pool is cleaned daily too.
- In the private rooms you get clean towels every couple of days too. I can’t knock it.
- Free Breakfast – bread rolls, butter & Jam, mini-banana – till 1pm!
- Free WiFi – not the fastest but does the job!
- Free Tea & Coffee – all day long
- Resort/Hotel style Swimming Pool with Loungers
- Bar & Kitchen – Happy Hours, Cold Beers, Good Value Food & Big Screen
- Hammocks for chilling out
- There is a lot of volunteer/backpacker staff here so it can be a little clicky but everyone is friendly enough.
- The main staff are pleasant and always sort things out when needed.
- This is a party hostel, but not as crazy as I was expecting.
- The bar closes at 1pm so there is plenty of fun to be had.
- It is a lazy place to relax too, in the day you can chill by the pool and read a book.
- Security is high at Loki Hostel Mancora and strict too. Wrist band only entry.
- Lockers are available in reception, bring a good padlock.
Loki Hostel Mancora – My Sum Up
Loki Hostel Mancora is a great social spot to meet people and sup some beers in the sun. The pool is super clean and you can relax in the day. Surprisingly this place exceeded all expectations.
The best tip is try to get a top floor room, the views of the ocean are awesome and you get a wicked sunset too.
The noise! The bar at Loki is NOT the problem. A beachfront bar has got what must be the most powerful speakers in the world, I thought I was at Privilege in Ibiza, not bed! Good news is that they cut the tunes at 3am! Get your ear plugs or join the party!