Inka’s Rest Puno Hostel Review
Pasaje San Carlos 158, Puno. www.inkasrest.com
- Inka’s Rest Puno is located right in the city of Puno.
- Restaurants and eateries are abound, market food is a few minutes walk.
- A new huge shopping centre and supermarket is 3 minutes walk and the same to the traditional fruit market.
- The main plaza and centre (for tourists) is under 10 minutes walk.
- The bus station is only a 5 minute tuk-tuk ride, the fare S/.3.
- 3 Bed Dorm – en-suite Bathroom – S/.27 (US$9.50)
- 4 Bed Dorm – Shared Bathroom – S/.25 (US$8.75)
- 7 Bed Dorm – Shared Bathroom – S/.24 (US$8.25)
- 8 Bed Dorm – Shared Bathroom – S/.24 (US$8.25)
- Twin Room – Shared Bathroom – S/.70 (US$24.50)
- Double Room – en-suite Bathroom – S/.76 (US$26.50)
*Prices as of September 2014 and conversion through www.xe.com
- Inka’s Rest Puno is a very clean hostel.
- The kitchen was spotless every time I used it.
- Free Breakfast – bread rolls, butter & Jam, bananas, eggs & tea/coffee
- Free WiFi – good speed too!
- Guest Kitchen – a new fitted kitchen, all the utensils and super clean
- TV Room
- Tour Bookings at Reception
- The owner is a very friendly lady and will help with booking tours and bus travel.
- When I was here it was very quiet and the atmosphere was quite quiet.
- Nothing happens here and it really is a place to sleep only although you can cook up a storm in the cracking kitchen.
- Inka’s Rest Puno is like a house, the front door is always locked and you can only be buzzed in.
- There are lockers in the communal area, bring a good padlock.
Loki Hostel Mancora – My Sum Up
Inka’s Rest Puno is a perfect hostel for a night or two when visiting the floating islands of Lake Titicaca. The hostel facilities are good and it appears the hostel has had a major refurbishment in recent times. The kitchen is great for cooking with lots of kitchen ware.
Good gravity fed hot water showers are also a bonus, especially in winter!
The atmosphere isn’t that great here, maybe it was just quiet at the time. For me a stopover hostel.